Loving all things vintage, retro, on film and fun!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

BLOGSWAP:: Danielle from Mostly Food & Crafts

Today I’m participating in the Ultimate Blog Swap. You’ll find me posting over at The Casabella Project about my "second chance rocking chair", and I’m excited to welcome 
Danielle
 from 
MOSTLY FOOD AND CRAFTS 
......................................................


Hi everyone! My Name is Danielle and I blog at Mostly Food and Crafts  I blog about cooking and crafting with and for my two kids.  We love finding recipes and projects that we can do together.  Today I am going to share a quick recipe that my kids love making as well as a fun project.

These are Nutella-Raspberry Crescents


I  have a few different recipes using canned crescent rolls on my blog.  I love to turn to my kids and ask "so what should we try stuffing it with today"  they helped come up with this idea and it is so good.

All you need is:
A can of Crescents
Raspberry Jelly
Nutella

All you do is:
Preheat the oven according to package directions. Unroll your dough and fill with a small scoop of jelly and a small scoop of Nutella.
(or have your little chef do it instead)

Then just roll.  We found that if you fold the end of the dough over the filling and seal the sides before rolling the whole crescent it forms a nice pocket and keeps the jelly from oozing out (we discovered this halfway through unfortunately.)
Place on a baking sheet and cook for about 12-14 minutes. I dare you to eat just one - they are Awesome.
And now a craft - I came up with a great way to motivate my kids to help out a little more around the house.  I created these Personalized Reward Jars for my kids.
Here's how our system works, every time one of the kids does something to help out or goes out of their way they can earn a coin in the jar.  Coins can also be earned for bringing home a 100% on a test paper and for A's on the report card.  There are a few other ways that are specific to each child and his/her personality.  The one thing I need to constantly reiterate to the kids is that you do not earn coins for doing something that is expected from you. As soon as they reach one hundred coins, the child gets something special; maybe a toy or a book at the store or a trip out for ice cream by themselves, something fun.
 Here's how I made our jars- I took 2 jars that I picked up at Hobby Lobby, I used an etching cream and a stencil to put their names on the jars.  On the top is the cover with ribbon glued around it and a tag with each child's initial.  The back has my words of encouragement "Way to go." It was a fun project and I hope the kids stay excited about the jars.  I leave them out where the kids can see them.  I think they need the visual to keep them encouraged.  

Be sure to stop by my blog and check out the rest of my recipes and crafts.
or some fun Clay Pot Critters
And Thank You Dani for having me guest post over at 12 Stone Dance today!


Visit Life...Your Way to see all of the Ultimate Blog Swap participants!

No comments:

Post a Comment